A geographic information system (GIS), geographical information system, or geospatial information system is a system designed to capture, store, manipulate, analyze, manage and present all types of geographically referenced data. In the simplest terms, GIS is the merging of cartography, statistical analysis, and database technology.
Geographic information systems can have many applications pertinent to our clients, including the tracking and management of environmental contamination, land surveying, natural resource management, urban planning, brownfields assessment and public utility management. LFI has GIS experience ranging from site-specific applications to building city-scale geodatabases. We can provide GIS services for any application.
- Managing environmental assessment and remediation data
- GIS training: software use and applications
- Land use decision making and planning applications
- City-wide brownfield assessments
- Landscape change, evaluation and assessment
- Environmental impact mapping